Scan scan scan away. Creating a registry for all of your baby wants and needs can be fun, but it can also be overwhelming. You need to know where to go and what you will need.
I loved creating my registry online with Amazon. It guides you through the process and even provides a checklist that automatically updates as you go. You can also update your registry anytime, and even see what has already been purchased. Amazon baby registry gives gifters the option to purchase a gift card, ship the purchase to them, or ship directly to you.
I also created a Target baby registry. I wanted to give my friends and family the option to shop in the store if they wanted to. However, guests could also order online. You can create your target registry online or in store, and make changes online if needed. I liked using the Target registry because it had some different options that Amazon did not offer.
There are a few things you must do when it comes to your registry:
- Before you start your registry, ask for advice from other moms. Figure out what they needed, didn’t need, loved, and hated.
- Ask an experienced mom to create your registry with you.
- Put a wide price range of items on your registry.
- Do research on different products like car seats, strollers, and cribs, to find out what will work best for you.
- Think past the first few months with baby. You can ask for stuff for when the baby gets older; like a high chair, booster seat, toys, and diapers.
- Ask for books instead of cards, to help build baby’s library.
- Don’t Register for clothes- people like to pick these out
- Register for diapers and wipes of all sizes- having a stockpile is nice.